- Master's in Governance, California School Boards Association
- Master's in Public Administration, San Francisco State University
- B.A., History, San Francisco State University
- B.A., Journalism, Humboldt State University
- A.S., Administration of Justice, Glendale Community College
- Trustee/Vice-President, South San Francisco Unified School District Board of Trustees, 2016-present
- Member/Past-President, SamTrans Citizen's Advisory Committee, 2002-2011, 2014-present
- Member/Past-President, South San Francisco Public Housing Authority, 2009-2016
- Coach, South San Francisco Youth Baseball, 2012
- Trustee/Vice-President, South San Francisco Library Board, 2001-2005
- Analyst, State of California, 2013-present
- Worked as infrastructure analyst for the California Advanced Services Fund team to analyze, audit and guide grant applications as part of an effort to bring broadband communications technology to unserved and underserved areas of California. Additionally, assisted local quasi-governmental consortia, private telecommunications companies and other stakeholders in navigating various regulations and criteria for middle-mile and last-mile broadband Internet project grants. Audited funding requests from same groups to ensure ratepayer money is efficiently spent. Currently, serve as state liaison on public utility issues to local governments from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo.
- Management Intern, City of Brisbane, 2012
- Strategic Planning Intern, Santa Clara Fire Department, 2011
Also, worked as reporter (both staff and freelance) for several newspapers in San Mateo, Los Angeles, and San Francisco counties (1998-2016) and as a public safety dispatcher (2002-2006) for various San Mateo County agencies.